Pro Ecclesia Et Pro Patria: 150 years of Service to God and Country

New Junior School Block

Information Coming Soon

Welcome to St. James', Kolkata

Not much is known about our founding fathers, but this much is certain that it began with a vision - a vision for children who, irrespective of language, creed or colour would grow up in an institution devoid of racial prejudices, would be able to express themselves fearlessly and be taught by teachers totally committed to the cause of sound, all-round, value based education. 

St. James' School was established in 1864. It was inaugurated by the then Most Revd. George Edward Cotton- the Bishop of Calcutta on 25th July 1864. Almost from its inception, reports show that these were years of stress and struggle. In the first twenty years of its existence the school faced intensive financial difficulties and had to be closed in December 1904. According to reports, there was an upsurge of sentiment on the part of parents, well wishers and old boys at the closure of the school. In 1907, with financial assistance from the Church Education League, the school was reopened. 

read more>

School Houses

Cotton House
"Never Despair"
 
Copleston House
"Duty Before Self"
     
Lefroy House
"Love Conquers All"
 
Westcott House
"Work is Worship"
     

Website Team

Maintenance Team    
         
Yasmin D. Panthaki
Middle School Co-ordinator
   Ronit Ray
Class XII
   Thomas Cherian
Class XII
   Swagath Saraogi
Class XII
   Yash Bhartia
Class XII
   Ishank Lakhmani
Class XII
 
 Current Developers    
Himadri Mukherjee
Ex-Jacobean
 
ESolz Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
"Creating e-impressions"
     
 Intermediate Developers (2009-2011)    
Chandrachur Bhattacharya
Ex-Jacobean
 
Shurjo Banerjee
Ex-Jacobean
     
 Original Developers (2002-2009)    
Abhishek Bose
Ex-Jacobean
 
Ushnish Roy
Ex-Jacobean
     

Holiday List